12 August, 2008

Travel Time

As promised, here's another beauty of a blog that chronicles the disasters perpetrated by some, ahem, "professional" cake decorators. I will admit that among the unfortunate cakes showcased on the internet are some truly spectacular creations, including Michelle's baby cake that looks like an actual human (video), a life-sized cow, several dogs and a bunch of cakes that just defy description. But the good cakes aren't the amusing ones. The amusing ones are the cakes that have gone very, very, wrong, and they are all here for your blog-viewing pleasure at Cake Wrecks.

Speaking of wrecks... this next linkage has nothing to do with it. It's a special story about a "special" Japanese Winnie The Pooh impersonator who erm... got into a special kind of mood. Check it out.

In other news, I'm bashing my head this evening. I own a legitimate, purchased, real-disk version of The Sims 2 Deluxe (DVD), and the serial number which supposedly exists on the instruction manual is AWOL. Not only that, but I had reasoned that since I paid for this, I was entitled to use some underground searches to locate a "borrowed" serial number. To my great disgust, dozens of them that I've tried do not work. Not Deluxe, Nightlife, or vanilla Sims 2. I think it's the gods' revenge on me*, teaching me a lesson for trying to cheat my way in.

Woe.

Paradoxically, this will probably force me to download and install an actual pirated version. How ridiculous. I shall probably install a cracked version and grip tightly to the installation CD, apologising profusely for my transgressions and begging forgiveness from Electronic Arts.

~ Elisa



* I'm not a god-follower in the Christian sense. We all know the true powers are Mother Earth and Father Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Reuters Odd Stuff

ArcaMax Weird News

All Weird News - Crazy Stuff

Offbeat Strange Stories

Weird True Freaky Stuff

Telegraph Weird Stories