08 June, 2009

Time To Quit?

There's a great saying that goes like this: "If at first you don't succeed... destroy all evidence that you tried."

I love that. Apparently though, it seems like a 68-year-old South Korean woman has neglected to do so. She has now failed her written driving test SEVEN HUNDRED AND SEVENTY ONE TIMES.

I wrote that out in words, instead of 771, because it seems like way more. But really, I needn't have bothered. 771 times is still a huge number and it's still a freaky story.

Ever thought that some people just aren't meant to be on the roads? Yeah. Remind me never to drive in South Korea if lightning strikes and that woman ever succeeds.

The pass mark is 60%, and she averages 30-50% on each attempt. Holy cow. I'd have thought anyone who can't get close on three tries alone should stay off the road. And I'll bet most people score well over 80 on their first attempt!

~ Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment





Reuters Odd Stuff

ArcaMax Weird News

All Weird News - Crazy Stuff

Offbeat Strange Stories

Weird True Freaky Stuff

Telegraph Weird Stories