08 February, 2009

Got Life?

This radiographer might not have one, but there may well be people who owe theirs to this kind of dedication.

Peter Cartwright, from Ashford in the UK, works 55 miles from his home, and most days catches the train to work at 5.30am. However, recently, the snow and ice had disrupted public transport and he found his train cancelled. He called work, took the 6.45 train as far as he could, then walked 10 miles to a transport area, where he stopped for breakfast.

Asking around, he found a van driver who took him part of the way, then he walked another five miles, before finding a passing motorist who took him to the Tube. Cartwright then caught the train, and arrived at work at 2pm. His work day was due to end at 5. Fearing that the ice would continue to mess with his transport to work, he slept on a mattress in the X-ray department for the next three nights.

The 52-year-old said, "I didn’t want to let my colleagues down. Besides, I love my job and like a challenge. My colleagues were pleased that I had made the effort to come in, although I am angry with myself for not coming in on Sunday night to avoid being delayed."

This kind of dedication makes for one amazing story!

~ Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment





Reuters Odd Stuff

ArcaMax Weird News

All Weird News - Crazy Stuff

Offbeat Strange Stories

Weird True Freaky Stuff

Telegraph Weird Stories